Saturday, November 8, 2008

Spending Time with Mom in Utah

On Tuesday, October 14th I received a phone call from my brother Gordon. Mom had been found on her front porch about 3:00 pm. She had been there for about six hours. Dave and I immediately packed our bags and headed to Utah. Michelle and her girls went with us.
They determined mom had a small stroke. She spent a week in the hospital and then she was transferred to a rehab center. Dave and Michelle stayed for a week. I had the opportunity and privilege to stay with mother during this time.

Grandma made huge improvements each day and continues to get better. Aunt Kathryn came regularly to visit her sister. After two weeks in rehab she was released. I spent a couple days preparing for her trip to California. Today she and I flew to So. California. She will stay with family to continue to rehab. We feel blessed she is doing so well and making such great progress.


2 comments:

Kate said...

It was such a treat to have you up here for so long. I am glad I will be able to see you and Grandma again soon. Thanks for your love and great example while caring for Grandma!

MEB said...

Great pictures mom. It was so nice to have you in Utah. Thanks for your wonderful example of service and love.

I love you!